Monday, June 9, 2008

USGS

At school I am part of a research lab in which I study Chitons. Recently, I finished up the project I was working on and was asked to present my results to the Western Society of Malacologists in San Jose, California. It was a four day seminar in which professors and doctors from around the world came to watch people present their findings. When I agreed to do it I was under the impression that other students would also be presenting their research, but boy was I wrong. Me and my lab partner were the only students asked to present. I was so nervous about giving my speech in front of so many well educated people. Luckily, I didn't mess anything up and my presentation went so well people were really impressed and I was so relieved when it was finally over! Since everyone liked my presentation so much I now get to publish my results and I am very excited about it. All my hard work is finally paying off!

No comments: